Brought to you by:
Tag, Poke and Follow
to your heart's content.
Knowing the market
When applying for jobs or networking with other creatives, it’s essential that you show a genuine interest in the industry. Here’s what to do to find out what makes creative companies tick:
- Who the big players are in Cambridgeshire, the UK and around the world.
- Who do you most admire and what are they up to at the moment?
- Who’s been winning industry awards lately?
- Who’s saying what in the press?
- What parts of the industry frequently collaborate?
- What’s the latest innovation in your field and who’s using it?
- What do clients want from creative professionals at the moment?
- What new businesses are being set up in Cambridgeshire?
Set up Google alerts to get the latest news as soon as it goes live.
Read news websites such as the below to get the national and international industry low-down.
Following blogs is brilliant for getting to know other creatives by reading their opinions and generally being inspired! For instance, by following Creative Front’s blog you can keep an eye on what people and businesses are up to in Cambridgeshire. Here are a few more to check out…
The Design Trust
If you’re still wondering what your ideal job would be, you can find job vacancies, internships and other opportunities on Creative Front’s own website. For a national perspective talk to Creative Skills who can provide more careers advice.
comments powered by Disqus