Brought to you by:
Tag, Poke and Follow
to your heart's content.
Dealing with customers
Having completed your market research, you should know to whom you will be selling.
It is very important to remember that you are selling to people, even when your product or service is aimed at businesses (those are also made up of people!). You should have a sound understanding of their buying habits and a basic understanding of how your product or service will fit into their day-to-day lives.
- Be prepared before contacting clients
- Research the names of your customers
- When do they buy - annually, seasonally, weekly?
- How much do they buy (quantities and value)?
- How do they source new designs (degree shows, trade shows, magazines and journals)?
- Where do they buy (trade fairs, the internet, to commission)?
You may think that your product or service is good enough to sell itself but a little bit of insight into your potential customer base can go a long way!
comments powered by Disqus