Tag, Poke and Follow
to your heart's content.
Invitation to Tender for Future Business Centre, Cambridge
Published: 05th January 2015.
Public Art Project
As part of the development of the Future Business Centre, Allia is required to deliver a public art project. Allia is looking to reflect its social and environmental commitment though the creation of three separate strands of activity:-
- A collection of 2D and/or installation work which can be on public display within the Centre and responds to environmental themes around nature, organic and sustainability
- A piece of work that creatively reflects the notion of a ‘wall of support’ – acknowledging both the support Allia has received from the local community, business community and large number of individuals as well as illustrating the support Allia offers to its users and community neighbours
- Live or public installation art work(s) that are designed to respond, connect and engage with the community
A small public art team made up of representatives from Allia, FBC tenants and local representatives will oversee that the project has wide community engagement. Artists will be invited to show works in progress, provide opportunities for talks and workshops and to introduce their work at a special Open Day.
It is hoped that the public art project will provide opportunities to engage with staff, tenant’s and nearby residents to create a rich and exciting programme that aims to inspire and enthuse those who come into the Centre and promote creative exchange.
Interested applicants should forward the following information for consideration:-
- CVs of consultant(s) who will be directly involved in delivery
- An assessment of how the consultant meets the skills and experiences listed above
- A brief outline of expected methodology, including identifying milestones according to timescales provided, critical success factors, allocation of days according to task and mechanisms for engaging with diverse communities of users and presentation of results
- A budget summary, including anticipated expenses and daily charge-rates
Please submit the above for the attention of:
Caroline Hyde, Director of Workspace and Enterprise Support, Allia Ltd, Future Business Centre, Kings Hedges Road, Cambridge CB4 2HY
The deadline for receipt of completed tenders is 5.00 p.m. 16th of January 2015
Short-listed candidates will be expected to attend Future Business on the afternoon of the 21 January for a brief presentation and interview.
To download the full tender document please click here: Public Art Tender 2014
For more information on the Future Business Centre, please click here: http://futurebusinesscentre.co.uk/about-the-centre/about-us-3
For more information on Creative Front, please email firstname.lastname@example.org