Tag, Poke and Follow
to your heart's content.
Science and Society Community Challenge Grant Scheme Open for Applicants
Published: 06th May 2014.
Supporting individuals and organisations to create and run pilot projects which take science to diverse audiences.
This new scheme offers financial support to individuals and organisations, to create and run pilot projects which take science to diverse audiences, and engage them with science in their own communities.
The scheme aims to:
- reach audiences of all ages and from all walks of life that are currently under-served by existing activities and inform, inspire and involve them in science
- investigate and test new methods of engagement and participation.
There will be 3 levels of project funding: up to £10,000, up to £20,000 and up to £40,000, depending on the size and difficulty of the project.
The scheme is open to a wide range of people, including:
- scientists and researchers
- facilitators and practitioners of science communication
- science centre or museum staff
- educators, schools, colleges and universities
- film makers
- theatre producers
- games developers
- public participation practitioners
- civil society organisations
- community groups, Guides or Scouts, youth clubs
- religious institutions
Project activities need to specifically focus on the target audiences, and may include:
- events, workshops
- debates, discussions and deliberative or opinion-gathering projects
- exhibitions and museum outreach
- games, websites, films, and multi- or cross-platform projects
- theatre projects or other performance work
- citizen science projects
- creation and use of new materials for community use
The Department for Business, Innovation and Skills (BIS) has allocated up to £500,000 to this scheme during the financial year 2014 to 2015, and is expecting to fund between 20 and 25 projects. This will be the only call for this financial year.
Closing date is the 16th May 2014
Successful applicants will be notified by the 27th June 2014
For more information on Creative Front, please contact email@example.com
For more information on how to apply for the Community Grant Scheme, please visit www.gov.uk
To keep up to date with funding opportunities why not suscribe to the Funding E-Bulletin by contacting FIT@essex.gov.uk